Are You Ready To Go Natural?
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
You are ready to go natural if you:
- Are tired of the scalp issues associated with chemical relaxers, bad hair products and chronic heat styling.
- Are done with spending your entire day in a costly beauty salon, giving your last hard earned dollars to the stylist and her team.
- Have had enough of being stressed over thinning hair and a dwindling hairline.
- Are excited about the prospect of doing something that is authentically you.
If you can identify with any of the above you are indeed ready to make a transition from relaxed to natural hair!
Not quite convinced?
- Are you ready to turn heads (and not just because you have a questionable “do”)?
- Are you tired of wigs, weaves and wraps… on the regular – not used as a fashion statement but to hide the flaws?
- Have you found your way to Natural Hair Care News and similar sites… more than once, to check out the latest in natural haircare?
- Are you ready to keep what yo’ Momma/Poppa gave you?
Good for you on reclaiming your roots! Some important points before you get started on your journey to going natural:
PATIENCE AND DISCIPLINE ARE KEY!
There are no short cuts to growing out long, healthy, luscious natural hair. Get rid of the idea that natural hair does not grow and is hard to manage. With the right products for your hair type, and some patience on your part, you will have a healthy head of eye-catching hair in due time.
Trust me, it will only impede your progress and have you longing for the creamy crack. You are naturally unique and beautiful and no one can rock a look like you so release the need to judge and compare yourself to others. With some experimentation on natural curly hair products and with styling and I repeat, PATIENCE you will see great results.
Still have concerns, or just want to share your experience? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Now let’s get started!
Click here to get started on your natural hair journey.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- How to Have No-Frizz Natural Hair This Spring
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- My ‘Brunch with EDEN’: The Woman. The Products.
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- The Brothas Speak Out On Natural Hair and Beauty
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Low Manipulation Hair Styling Strategies