Nourishing Your Natural Hair From Within
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
We spend so many hours researching natural hair care tips to care for our kinky, curly or wavy hair from the outside. What’s the best natural haircare products to use? How should we best wash and condition our natural hair? What are the popular hairstyles? What’s the best way to care for our hair when sleeping? How often should we trim our ends?
The truth is, what’s on the end of our fork or in our glass is even more important than how we manipulate our hair from the outside.
Our diet will ultimately dictate whether we have healthy natural hair, or dry, brittle, and unmanageable locks. How your curly hair is nourished from the hair shaft ultimately determines whether your hair will be strong and healthy, or weak and lifeless.
We’re in a culture that relies so much on external fixes but we all know beauty starts from within. Our hair is no different.
If you don’t know by now, our bodies and our natural hair craves moisture. Dry hair sometimes is reflective of dehydration.
But water is so plain tasting you say…
Spruce up your H20 with lemon or lime, or add cucumber or orange slices to add flavor. Nothing artificial – we are keeping it natural after-all, right?
However you prepare your water, drink plenty of it. Water is crucial to every single cell in the body. Severe dehydration can contribute to dry skin, a dry scalp, and unhappy, lackluster hair!
So drink up!
Experts say that eight, 8-ounce glasses per day is ideal, but if you’re a caffeine junkie, you’ll want to drink more because caffeine is a diuretic. For every cup of soda, caffeinated tea or coffee you drink, balance it out with a glass of water.
Stay tuned for the next in our series on “Nourishing Your Natural Hair From Within”.
Author: Dianne Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Nourishing Dry Brittle Hair from Within
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Solutions For Natural Hair Shrinkage
- The Top Ten Super Foods for Healthy Natural Hair
- Nutrition Spotlight: The Benefits of Kelp on Hair
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- Signs Your Hair Needs a Protein Treatment
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Which Is Best: Slow Transition To Natural, Or The Big Chop?
- Why Is My Hair Not Growing? Reasons Why Your Hair Is Stubbornly Short
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace