NHCN Podcast 002: The Hair Controversy – Gabby Douglas and Oprah Winfrey
(29 mins, 19 secs)
It’s 2012 y’all, but guess what? Gabby Douglas, the beautiful and talented, gold winning, 2012 U.S. Olympic Gymnast, and businesswoman extraordinaire, Oprah Winfrey, are getting a lot of flak about their hair… Not from white people, but from black people!
The blogasphere is ripe with comments about how Gabby’s hair was styled during the Olympics. Recently, Oprah has been getting some grief about people who have an issue with her sporting her natural hair on the cover of an upcoming “O” Magazine cover.
It’s a hot topic, and we’ll discuss our thoughts about this black hair controversy. You won’t want to miss this one!
Articles mentioned in this podcast:
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Seriously…We Are Still Hating On Gabby Douglas’ Hair in 2016?
- A Lost Black Man: A Natural Hair Perspective
- News Anchor Pam McKelvy Removes Wig and Reveals Her Natural Hair on the Air
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Oprah Dons Big Afro Wig For September Issue of “O” Magazine
- The Choice Is Yours
- Four Misconceptions Black Women Have About Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Where Do Braids and Locks Fit On The Natural Hair Spectrum?
- NHCN Podcast 006: Are Brothers Feeling Women With Natural Hair?
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’