NHCN Podcast 002: The Hair Controversy – Gabby Douglas and Oprah Winfrey
Latest posts by NHCN (see all)
(29 mins, 19 secs)
It’s 2012 y’all, but guess what? Gabby Douglas, the beautiful and talented, gold winning, 2012 U.S. Olympic Gymnast, and businesswoman extraordinaire, Oprah Winfrey, are getting a lot of flak about their hair… Not from white people, but from black people!
The blogasphere is ripe with comments about how Gabby’s hair was styled during the Olympics. Recently, Oprah has been getting some grief about people who have an issue with her sporting her natural hair on the cover of an upcoming “O” Magazine cover.
It’s a hot topic, and we’ll discuss our thoughts about this black hair controversy. You won’t want to miss this one!
Articles mentioned in this podcast:
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Seriously…We Are Still Hating On Gabby Douglas’ Hair in 2016?
- Oprah Dons Big Afro Wig For September Issue of “O” Magazine
- NHCN Podcast 005: Embracing Our Own Standard of Natural Beauty
- NHCN Podcast 006: Are Brothers Feeling Women With Natural Hair?
- NHCN Podcast 004: Natural Hair in the Workplace
- NHCN Podcast 003: How Friends & Family React to Our Natural Hair
- NHCN Podcast 001: Why We Started Natural Haircare News
- NHCN Podcast #0023: Nubia’s Guide to Going Natural: A Conversation with Orjanette Bryant
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?
- The Choice Is Yours
- Embracing Our Own Standard Of Beauty
- NHCN Podcast 009: A Conversation With Natural Hair Expert Marie Compere of Luv My Natural Curls
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question