Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley
Latest posts by Sundra Oakley (see all)
- Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley - August 21, 2012
Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Sundra. Click here.
Natural Haircare News put out a call on Facebook, when one of our readers posed a question, seeking some answers about Wen: “Is it good for us” as it relates to kinky, curly hair.
Big ups to Sundra Oakley for answering the call. Read what she has to say about her experience with Wen!
“I have been using Wen for 6 years straight and can honestly say that any time I’ve had to use regular shampoo and conditioner for some extenuating circumstance (such as being on vacation and running out of my Wen), I’ve felt the difference. I love what it does for my hair.
Before using Wen, I didn’t know my hair could curl the way it does. You do have to do a bit of experimenting to see how much you really need to get the desired look and feel with your own hair–after 6 years I’m still trying to get that science down! Not to sound too poetic but your hair practically thanks you when you put it in. If you’ve been using traditional shampoos and conditioners, you’ll immediately see what I mean by that. There are times I’ve wondered, however, if I should change up and use another non-SLS product since your hair can become quite accustomed to using the same thing over and over. I, personally, haven’t found anything and continue to use Wen–what I will do however, is try one of their different formulations (they have about 6 different ones with varying degrees of hydration–most of us in the ‘ethnic’ category would use the Fig or Pomegranate or even Lavender).
But truth be told, Wen is on the costly side; you may have a bit of sticker shock. Start with a small bottle and really see how you like it first. If you’re in the L.A. area, I’d highly recommend stopping by the Chaz Dean Studio in Hollywood where you can see all the products on display and talk to any of the stylists and assistants there. They are the sweetest, friendliest, most helpful set of people (none of that pretentious L.A. crap! lol), and the salon will make you feel like you’re in a spa!”
Do you have a product review you’re wanting to share? Help benefit the Natural Hair Care News community by sending your stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- My ‘Brunch with EDEN’: The Woman. The Products.
- Natural Conditioners for Curly – Kinky Hair
- Readers’ Spotlight: Terri’s Transition to Natural Hair
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Low Manipulation Hair Styling Strategies
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- My Deep Conditioning Experience: Simply Organics Coconut & Jamaican Black Castor Oil Product Review – Pictures
- Five Ingredients in Hair Products To Steer Clear Of
- Natural Hair Care 101: What is Co-Washing?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective