NHCN Podcast 005: Embracing Our Own Standard of Natural Beauty
Latest posts by NHCN (see all)
(23 mins, 21 secs)
Pamela and Dianne share their viewpoints on the deeper issues inherent with embracing the beauty that is specific to black women.
From the history of slavery and its effects on our perception of our natural hair and other afrocentric features, to modern day cultural influences, Pamela and Dianne cover each end of the spectrum as it relates to our natural beauty.
Join the conversation and leave a comment below.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- NHCN Podcast 006: Are Brothers Feeling Women With Natural Hair?
- NHCN Podcast 004: Natural Hair in the Workplace
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- NHCN Podcast 002: The Hair Controversy – Gabby Douglas and Oprah Winfrey
- NHCN Podcast 003: How Friends & Family React to Our Natural Hair
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Video: Natural Hairstyle Evolution Over The Last 100 Years
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- Video: ‘Can I Touch Your Hair’ – The Endless Fascination With Black People’s Hair
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?
- Do You Find the Term “Nappy Hair” Offensive?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question