The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
Kinky, coily hair can already be troublesome when it comes to retaining moisture. Factor in the harsh winter weather and the next few months can be a discouraging journey.
Enter the L.O.C Method
I fell into this method a couple of months ago by trial and error and recently learned it had a name in the natural hair care world.
The L.O.C Method is a 3 step moisturizing system where each proceeding process seals in the one before. Keep in mind the order is important.
Water. Oil. Butter.
1. Start with water or a water based leave-in to moisturize hair.
Always remember, the only thing that can moisturize your hair is water.
2. Lightly seal in the moisture with your favorite oil.
3. Use a butter or cream for the final seal then style.
It’s as simple as that.
With this method I can maintain moisture and style for multiple days without having to reapply product. It’s a beautiful thing!
Do you use this method or another to retain moisture? Be sure to leave a comment about it so we can all benefit!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Common Misconceptions About Natural Hair
- Signs Your Hair Needs a Protein Treatment
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Low Manipulation Hair Styling Strategies
- Nourishing Dry Brittle Hair from Within