Video: Tracee Ellis Ross Shares How She Has Learned To Love The Natural Hair She Used To Hate
Dianne is the co-founder of Natural Haircare News and Coils To Locs.com. She's been blogging about natural hair ever since she made the decision to break free of the creamy crack in 2012.
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
Tracee Ellis Ross shares her perspective on natural hair and natural hair textures based on an Instagram post where a follower shares a picture of a little black girl who appears upset. The caption over the little girl’s picture states: “The moment when you realize that you don’t have Tracee Ellis Ross hair“. Tracee describes that learning to love the “dense, kinky, soft, big, difficult hair” that she used to hate “has been a journey”.
Like many of us, Tracee spent a lot of time and money using methods like relaxing to beat her hair into submission because she wanted “the hair that somebody else had”.
Tracee shares a lot of great advice for naturals by sharing her personal hair journey. Inspirational video!
Author: Dianne Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- News Anchor Pam McKelvy Removes Wig and Reveals Her Natural Hair on the Air
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
Tagged with: black women's hair • Hair envy • natural hair • Tracee Ellis Ross hair