Texas Area Naturals – Check Out the Upcoming Natural Hair Parade and Festival In September
Dianne is the co-founder of Natural Haircare News and Coils To Locs.com. She's been blogging about natural hair ever since she made the decision to break free of the creamy crack in 2012.
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
Naturalistas in the Dallas Texas area – mark your calendars for the third annual Naturally Isis Hair Parade and Festival on Saturday, September 7, 2013. The theme of this year’s festival is The Empowerment of Women Globally and Eryka Badu will be the Grand Marshall.
Natural hair expert Isis Brantley is the founder of the annual parade. Ms. Brantley chose to establish this annual event as a way of “re-establishing the beauty standards of African hair in America” and to raise awareness of organizations such as:
“We are Strong Girls” Alopecia Foundation, Amore Transition Group, Autism For You and The Afiya Center
To learn more about this event, go to isisproject.co.
Author: Dianne Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Celebrity Natural Hair Stylist Felicia Leatherwood Sets The Mood for Seeds Of Luv Natural Hair Event – Boston – Photos
- Natural Hair Event Alert: New England DIY Products at Whole Foods
- My Thoughts: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair Event in Boston
- Boston Natural Hair Event: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair & Health Expo – October 12th
- NHCN Podcast 009: A Conversation With Natural Hair Expert Marie Compere of Luv My Natural Curls
- New England Naturalistas – 2014 Natural Hair Event in Massachusetts!
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- Natural Hair Curl Pattern Envy – Loving The Hair You Have
Tagged with: natural hair events