Caring for a Child’s Natural Hair – Transracial Parenting Perspective
Here’s a thought provoking article written by a white woman who adopted a black baby.
She spoke about the decision she and her husband, (who is black), made to keep their baby girl’s hair natural as opposed to trying to straighten, chemically relax or even braiding their daughter’s hair.
A white woman caring for a black child’s hair is a provocative topic as the author so aptly points out. Our hair, contrary to popular belief is fragile and needs to be treated gently. It’s clear that this mom and dad took the time to research how to care for natural hair. Learn more about this mom’s journey – Natural Hair and Transracial Parenting.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Politicians Who Rock Their Natural Hair
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- You’ve Heard it Before But Worth Repeating – Tips To Avoid Hairline Damage
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Movers and Shakers: A Natural Hair Care Video Guide
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference Between Weaves, Wigs, and Extensions
- 4 Videos That Show You How to Draw Natural Hair
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Top Tips for Dealing with Black Hair Discrimination
- Myths And Misconceptions You May Have About Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here