Caring for a Child’s Natural Hair – Transracial Parenting Perspective
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Video Sharing: HOW TO GET CURLY HAIR (TUTORIAL) - April 6, 2018
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast #0026 - November 4, 2017
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025 - September 27, 2017
She spoke about the decision she and her husband, (who is black), made to keep their baby girl’s hair natural as opposed to trying to straighten, chemically relax or even braiding their daughter’s hair.
A white woman caring for a black child’s hair is a provocative topic as the author so aptly points out. Our hair, contrary to popular belief is fragile and needs to be treated gently. It’s clear that this mom and dad took the time to research how to care for natural hair. Learn more about this mom’s journey – Natural Hair and Transracial Parenting.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Meet Anya: A Little Naturalista Who Loves Her Hair (Pictures)
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- What do you think? Is Chemically Straightening Your Child’s Hair Child Abuse?
- 5 Actions to Help Your Child Recover from a Negative Natural Hair Incident
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question