Caring for a Child’s Natural Hair – Transracial Parenting Perspective
Here’s a thought provoking article written by a white woman who adopted a black baby.
She spoke about the decision she and her husband, (who is black), made to keep their baby girl’s hair natural as opposed to trying to straighten, chemically relax or even braiding their daughter’s hair.
A white woman caring for a black child’s hair is a provocative topic as the author so aptly points out. Our hair, contrary to popular belief is fragile and needs to be treated gently. It’s clear that this mom and dad took the time to research how to care for natural hair. Learn more about this mom’s journey – Natural Hair and Transracial Parenting.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- How to Dispel Common Misconceptions About Natural Hair
- My Deva Chan Salon Experience- Transitioning Hair Cut
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Seriously…We Are Still Hating On Gabby Douglas’ Hair in 2016?
- Natural Hair Support Group Reinforces “Loving Our Hair”
- Natural Hair Annual Events
- The Power of the Afro Flower
- Transitioning Adventure!
- The Choice Is Yours
- We’re Here for the #BlackHairChallenge
- Acting Naturally: A Personal Journey
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College