Caring for a Child’s Natural Hair – Transracial Parenting Perspective
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair - May 3, 2017
Here’s a thought provoking article written by a white woman who adopted a black baby.
She spoke about the decision she and her husband, (who is black), made to keep their baby girl’s hair natural as opposed to trying to straighten, chemically relax or even braiding their daughter’s hair.
A white woman caring for a black child’s hair is a provocative topic as the author so aptly points out. Our hair, contrary to popular belief is fragile and needs to be treated gently. It’s clear that this mom and dad took the time to research how to care for natural hair. Learn more about this mom’s journey – Natural Hair and Transracial Parenting.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair
- Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Teaching Our Children to Love Their Hair
- Meet Anya: A Little Naturalista Who Loves Her Hair (Pictures)
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Celebrity Natural Hair Sighting- Tamera Mowry Housely’s Big Chop
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- Video: Was It a Really Bad Camera Timing or Was QVC Hosts Mocking Natural Hair Model?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace