The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- NHCN Podcast 0011: Commentary – Making Natural Hair Acceptable Takes An Obscene Amount of Time
- A Homemade Shampoo Recipe for Natural Hair
- Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair Straight From the Grocery Aisle
- Do You Find the Term “Nappy Hair” Offensive?
- Tips for Preventing Hair Product Acne
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey
- Update on Vanessa VanDyke: Student Who was Threatened with Suspension from School for Natural Hair
- Kristina and Jaida: Two Beautiful Young Ladies Who Love Their Natural Hair! (Pictures)
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist