The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Effects of Celebrity Natural Hair Stylists’ Presence on Social Media
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
- Natural Haircare News Flash: Check Out This Natural Hair Care Events Website
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Do You Have What It Takes To Go Natural?
- NHCN Podcast 009: A Conversation With Natural Hair Expert Marie Compere of Luv My Natural Curls
- 8 Really Good Reasons To Stop Straightening Your Hair and Go Natural
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- Politicians Who Rock Their Natural Hair
- So Why Does Airport Security Need to Search My Hair?
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty