The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Politics of Hair: Choosing Between Straight or Natural Hair on the Job [Video]
- Natural Haircare News Flash: Check Out This Natural Hair Care Events Website
- Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- Pastor Says No To Hair Weaves In His Church
- 3 Possible Disadvantages Of Finger Detangling You May Not Know Of
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam!
- How to Work Through the Highs and Lows of the Natural Hair Journey
- NHCN Podcast 0017: The Natural Hair and the Latino Perspective With Carolina Contreras of Miss Rizos.com
- Bergamot Essential Oil for Healthy Hair
- Natural Hair Care- the Rise of Natural Hair Products from the Era of Madam CJ Walker to Present
- How To Achieve Second-Day Hair