The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Empowering Our Girls Through Play
- Nicki Minaj Reveals Her Natural Hair On Twitter
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- The Politics Of Natural Hair: An Effective Get Out The Vote Video Campaign
- Hair Damage? Avoid These 4 Bad Habits That Wreak Havoc On Kinky Curly Hair
- NHCN Podcast 002: The Hair Controversy – Gabby Douglas and Oprah Winfrey
- Can You Still Repair Heat Damaged Natural Hair?
- Pastor Says No To Hair Weaves In His Church
- Cultural Appropriation of “Black” Hairstyles Creating a Buzz [Video]
- Why Natural Hair Should Be Acceptable In Every Setting
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Natural Haircare Experiments on Black People!