My Thoughts: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair Event in Boston
If you are a naturalista in the Boston area, you know that there isn’t much going on in terms of large events that center around natural hair. That’s why I was excited to attend the “Curls Gone Wild” Natural Hair and Health event held last Saturday, October 12, 2013. The event was sponsored by Three Little Birds, LLC, an event planning company in the Boston area.
My cousin and fellow naturalista, Lynnette and I attended the event together.
This natural hair event promised a variety of workshops and vendors and the event did not disappoint. Always on the lookout for new products, we found a few natural hair product vendors, (or their marketing materials), that we were not familiar with, like Alikay Naturals, and Designs Essentials.
The workshops ranged from “Transitioning 101“, “DIY Products“, (Do it Yourself products) to ” Up Do’s“, “Loving Your Locs“, “The Art of Headwrapping” and “What are Sisterlocks?”
I was hoping to be able to attend at least one workshop but the workshops were spread out throughout the day and we weren’t able to stay for the entire 6 hour event.
It would have been great to see live demonstrations or discussions by natural hair experts for those not attending the workshop in the main vendor area. It didn’t take away from the event. Just my personal wish list!
I loved that several of the vendors provided services at their booths. There was a makeup vendor who for a fee performed makeovers and eye brow sculpting. Another vendor performed onsite massages for a very reasonable fee. There was also live entertainment which we enjoyed.
The one baffling part of the event is that one of the vendors was selling straight weave hair. It was quite the dichotomy since the focus of the event was on celebrating and caring for natural hair.
Regardless, we enjoyed the natural hair event and look forward to future events. Thank you Three Birds, LLC!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Boston Natural Hair Event: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair & Health Expo – October 12th
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- NHCN Podcast 009: A Conversation With Natural Hair Expert Marie Compere of Luv My Natural Curls
- Celebrity Natural Hair Stylist Felicia Leatherwood Sets The Mood for Seeds Of Luv Natural Hair Event – Boston – Photos
- Natural Hair Event Alert: New England DIY Products at Whole Foods
- Texas Area Naturals – Check Out the Upcoming Natural Hair Parade and Festival In September
- New England Naturalistas – 2014 Natural Hair Event in Massachusetts!
- Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup
- NHCN Podcast 0016: The Anatomy of a Natural Hair Meetup
- NHCN Alert: Natural Hair Product Giveaways & “Naturals Over 40” Survey
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Transitioners Start Here