White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast #0026 - November 4, 2017
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025 - September 27, 2017
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024 - September 25, 2017
Artist Endia Beal is creating a buzz and challenging the norm with a pictorial which features middle aged white business women donning black hairstyles. The goal of the unusual pictorial is to break down assumptions. The hairstyles chosen for the the businesswoman turned models clearly have a cultural slant.
Of the eye opening pictorial, Beal says:
“I wanted people that had a certain idea of what you’re supposed to look like in the workspace, because it would be a challenge for them to understand what I experienced in that space… to a degree, many young white women have shared that experience, but for older white women it’s an experience they haven’t necessarily had.”
The artist’s goal is to encourage dialogue around the issue of differences as it relates to race, gender and age.
Check out the photos here: White Women, Black Hairstyles.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Nicki Minaj Reveals Her Natural Hair On Twitter
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Why Do The Styling Choices That Black Women Make Continue To Be An Issue in The Workplace? Woman Fired For Wearing Blonde Highlights
- NHCN Alert: Natural Hair Product Giveaways & “Naturals Over 40” Survey
- NHCN Podcast 0011: Commentary – Making Natural Hair Acceptable Takes An Obscene Amount of Time
- NHCN Podcast 0014: Natural Hair Envy
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question