Natural Hair Versus Straight Hair- The War Rages On
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
For those of you who are not familiar with Lolo Jones, she is a talented Olympic track and field and bobsled athlete. She placed third in the 100 meter hurdle semi finals and fourth in the finals at the 2012 Olympics.
So here is the controversy: A fan of Lolo Jones posted a picture of herself on Twitter sharing the following sentiments along with a picture:
“Lolo jones 4 Halloween. I just need a hurdle.”
The fan was dressed in track gear, but was sporting her natural hair. Lolo wears her hair straightened. Lolo’s response to the Twitter post:
“And a relaxer. I haven’t rocked curls since h.s :p.”
It appears that many Twitter followers viewed Lolo’s comment as a kick in the teeth towards the woman who posted the pic and naturalista’s everywhere.
You can view pics and learn more about the controversy and the backlash against Lolo Jones on the Clutch Magazine website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Natural Hair and Bullying- What’s the Connection?
- Self Esteem and Natural Hair: Empowering Young Girls To Love Their Kinks and Curls
- The New Age Hair Revolution
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- More Reasons Why Chemically Treated Hair Poses a Danger to The Health of Black Women
- Why Do The Styling Choices That Black Women Make Continue To Be An Issue in The Workplace? Woman Fired For Wearing Blonde Highlights
- Study Finds That Black Women Choose Hairstyle Over Exercise
- Dr. Yaba Blay Talks Black Hair Politics
- NHCN Podcast 002: The Hair Controversy – Gabby Douglas and Oprah Winfrey
- Does Natural Hair Make You More Black?
- The Trend Towards Natural Hair Goes A Lot Deeper Than The Need To Be Free From Relaxers
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question