Natural Hair Versus Straight Hair- The War Rages On
Twitter has been abuzz in the last few days because of Lolo Jones’ Twitter comments in response to a fan who chose to dress up like her for Halloween.
For those of you who are not familiar with Lolo Jones, she is a talented Olympic track and field and bobsled athlete. She placed third in the 100 meter hurdle semi finals and fourth in the finals at the 2012 Olympics.
So here is the controversy: A fan of Lolo Jones posted a picture of herself on Twitter sharing the following sentiments along with a picture:
“Lolo jones 4 Halloween. I just need a hurdle.”
The fan was dressed in track gear, but was sporting her natural hair. Lolo wears her hair straightened. Lolo’s response to the Twitter post:
“And a relaxer. I haven’t rocked curls since h.s :p.”
It appears that many Twitter followers viewed Lolo’s comment as a kick in the teeth towards the woman who posted the pic and naturalista’s everywhere.
You can view pics and learn more about the controversy and the backlash against Lolo Jones on the Clutch Magazine website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- Are You Ready To Go Natural?
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Castor Oil – A Miracle Elixir For Natural Hair
- Understanding Your Hair Porosity – A Strategic Approach to Combating Dry, Frizzy Natural Hair
- Why Is My Hair Not Growing? Reasons Why Your Hair Is Stubbornly Short
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- You Don’t Need a License to Style Natural Hair?
- Biracial Bias in the Natural Hair Community
- We Love Felicia Leatherwood Month – Natural Hair Tips and Strategies from the Natural Hair Master
- Is There a Connection Between Chemical Hair Relaxers and Fibroids?
- Reversing the Mistreatment of Black Hair