Natural Hair Versus Straight Hair- The War Rages On
Twitter has been abuzz in the last few days because of Lolo Jones’ Twitter comments in response to a fan who chose to dress up like her for Halloween.
For those of you who are not familiar with Lolo Jones, she is a talented Olympic track and field and bobsled athlete. She placed third in the 100 meter hurdle semi finals and fourth in the finals at the 2012 Olympics.
So here is the controversy: A fan of Lolo Jones posted a picture of herself on Twitter sharing the following sentiments along with a picture:
“Lolo jones 4 Halloween. I just need a hurdle.”
The fan was dressed in track gear, but was sporting her natural hair. Lolo wears her hair straightened. Lolo’s response to the Twitter post:
“And a relaxer. I haven’t rocked curls since h.s :p.”
It appears that many Twitter followers viewed Lolo’s comment as a kick in the teeth towards the woman who posted the pic and naturalista’s everywhere.
You can view pics and learn more about the controversy and the backlash against Lolo Jones on the Clutch Magazine website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- NHCN Podcast 0016: The Anatomy of a Natural Hair Meetup
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Love Your Braids But Hate The Itch? Simple Strategies for Battling Itchy Scalp
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Embraces Her Natural Curls, Credits Her Son As Her Inspiration
- Natural Hair Wigs and Weaves Are All The Rage In Hollywood
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- Poll: Do You Believe That The Chemicals in Relaxers Cause Health Issues? Is It Why You Went Natural?
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- Lupita Nyong’o’s Groundbreaking Approach to the Teenie Weenie Afro
- Teen Is Founder, CEO Of Six Figure Global Natural Hair Product Business
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Embracing Our Own Standard Of Beauty