Mother Teaches Her Daughter To Be Wary of “Artificial” Beauty -Video
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
We’ve all seen the “perfect beauty” of the women that grace magazines and advertisements on a regular basis.
Many of these images – elevated as an example of ideal beauty – have actually been enhanced through the magic of PhotoShop software.
Laura Willard, blogger and mother of two, wanted her beautiful daughter to truly understand that what she sees in magazines and ads isn’t always realistic when it comes to what is touted as the standard of beauty for women.
Through the use of a time lapsed video originally created by Global Democracy.com, she was able to demonstrate just how beauty is manipulated. Laura shared that she “…wants her daughter to see this video and I want her to see many like it because it makes it apparent how unrealistic, [our standards of beauty] are.”
We are constantly bombarded with what beauty is supposed to be – super skinny women with flawless skin and straight hair. This video is a reminder of how important it is for us to embrace our natural beauty. We must teach our children; our nieces and nephews, and our grandchildren to appreciate their unique beauty.
It’s up to the adults in their lives to help them to understand that they can’t believe the standards of beauty hype that is constantly served up on a silver platter through mainstream advertising, movies and television.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Update on Vanessa VanDyke: Student Who was Threatened with Suspension from School for Natural Hair
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Teaching Our Children to Love Their Hair
- Eight Year Old Girl Suffers Severe Scalp Damage From Bullies For Weaving Her Natural Hair- VIDEO
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- NHCN Podcast 0013: Do You Dislike My Hair?
- What do you think? Is Chemically Straightening Your Child’s Hair Child Abuse?
- Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
- A Black Doll with Crossover Appeal – Building Our Children’s Self Esteem and Educating The Masses
- 5 Actions to Help Your Child Recover from a Negative Natural Hair Incident
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair