Mother Teaches Her Daughter To Be Wary of “Artificial” Beauty -Video
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair - May 3, 2017
- Black Women and Hair Loss: Heed the Warning Signs - March 17, 2017
- Are Black Women with Natural Hair Being Overcharged at Hair Salons? - February 25, 2017
We’ve all seen the “perfect beauty” of the women that grace magazines and advertisements on a regular basis.
Many of these images – elevated as an example of ideal beauty – have actually been enhanced through the magic of PhotoShop software.
Laura Willard, blogger and mother of two, wanted her beautiful daughter to truly understand that what she sees in magazines and ads isn’t always realistic when it comes to what is touted as the standard of beauty for women.
Through the use of a time lapsed video originally created by Global Democracy.com, she was able to demonstrate just how beauty is manipulated. Laura shared that she “…wants her daughter to see this video and I want her to see many like it because it makes it apparent how unrealistic, [our standards of beauty] are.”
We are constantly bombarded with what beauty is supposed to be – super skinny women with flawless skin and straight hair. This video is a reminder of how important it is for us to embrace our natural beauty. We must teach our children; our nieces and nephews, and our grandchildren to appreciate their unique beauty.
It’s up to the adults in their lives to help them to understand that they can’t believe the standards of beauty hype that is constantly served up on a silver platter through mainstream advertising, movies and television.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Video: Was It a Really Bad Camera Timing or Was QVC Hosts Mocking Natural Hair Model?
- MSNBC Host Melissa Harris Perry Shares Her Views About Natural Hair for New Book
- Smithsonian Event Grapples With Black Women’s Relationship With Our Hair
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- A Black Doll with Crossover Appeal – Building Our Children’s Self Esteem and Educating The Masses
- Why Tamron Hall’s Natural Hair is a Big Deal
- Video: Natural Hairstyle Evolution Over The Last 100 Years
- Natural Hair Commentary from Around the World: Out of the Mouths of Babes: One Young Girl’s View on Natural Hair
- Eight Year Old Girl Suffers Severe Scalp Damage From Bullies For Weaving Her Natural Hair- VIDEO
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace