Why I’m Not Obsessed With My Natural Hair Length
I celebrate my 2 year natur-versary in January, 2014. But I won’t be marking my anniversary with a hair length check.
Do I check my hair length? Yes, twice. The last time was many months ago. Do I care about hair length? Yes and No. Yes – I am interested in making sure that my hair is not damaged and wracked with split ends and those awful fairy knots. Yes, I am interested in growing my hair back to the length that it was before my big chop.
No, I don’t constantly stretch my hair to see how long it’s grown. You see, for me, constantly checking my hair length is like watching water boil.
So, I’ve chosen to focus on the health and handling of my hair and not focus on tugging it monthly to see if it’s grown another 1/4 of an inch this month. I’ve found that taking the time to nurture my hair both inside and out has made my hair healthy; and like anything that is loved and nurtured, growth will follow.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Using Technology To Track Your Natural Hair Journey- Share Your Selfies!
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace
- Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Kristina and Jaida: Two Beautiful Young Ladies Who Love Their Natural Hair! (Pictures)
- How Does my Natural Hair Affect my Life in the Professional World?
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Smithsonian Event Grapples With Black Women’s Relationship With Our Hair
- Hair Stretching: Adding Length To Natural Hair
- BBC News Covers Stylists’ Concerns Due to Shift to Natural Hair