Why I’m Not Obsessed With My Natural Hair Length
I celebrate my 2 year natur-versary in January, 2014. But I won’t be marking my anniversary with a hair length check.
Do I check my hair length? Yes, twice. The last time was many months ago. Do I care about hair length? Yes and No. Yes – I am interested in making sure that my hair is not damaged and wracked with split ends and those awful fairy knots. Yes, I am interested in growing my hair back to the length that it was before my big chop.
No, I don’t constantly stretch my hair to see how long it’s grown. You see, for me, constantly checking my hair length is like watching water boil.
So, I’ve chosen to focus on the health and handling of my hair and not focus on tugging it monthly to see if it’s grown another 1/4 of an inch this month. I’ve found that taking the time to nurture my hair both inside and out has made my hair healthy; and like anything that is loved and nurtured, growth will follow.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- NHCN Podcast 0011: Commentary – Making Natural Hair Acceptable Takes An Obscene Amount of Time
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed”
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Love Your Braids But Hate The Itch? Simple Strategies for Battling Itchy Scalp
- Five year old Maleigha’s Natural Hair Salon Adventure
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair
- 3 Tips For Summer-Ready Natural Hair
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Lavender Essential Oil Recipes for Natural Hair Growth