Why I’m Not Obsessed With My Natural Hair Length
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast #0026 - November 4, 2017
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025 - September 27, 2017
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024 - September 25, 2017
I celebrate my 2 year natur-versary in January, 2014. But I won’t be marking my anniversary with a hair length check.
Do I check my hair length? Yes, twice. The last time was many months ago. Do I care about hair length? Yes and No. Yes – I am interested in making sure that my hair is not damaged and wracked with split ends and those awful fairy knots. Yes, I am interested in growing my hair back to the length that it was before my big chop.
No, I don’t constantly stretch my hair to see how long it’s grown. You see, for me, constantly checking my hair length is like watching water boil.
So, I’ve chosen to focus on the health and handling of my hair and not focus on tugging it monthly to see if it’s grown another 1/4 of an inch this month. I’ve found that taking the time to nurture my hair both inside and out has made my hair healthy; and like anything that is loved and nurtured, growth will follow.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- Hair Stretching: Adding Length To Natural Hair
- Yes, I Stretch My Natural Hair – No Biggie…
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Is Your Hair Really Natural If It’s Texturized?
- We Love Felicia Leatherwood Month – Natural Hair Tips and Strategies from the Natural Hair Master
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Are You Too Concerned With Curl Definition?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question