Why I’m Not Obsessed With My Natural Hair Length
I celebrate my 2 year natur-versary in January, 2014. But I won’t be marking my anniversary with a hair length check.
Do I check my hair length? Yes, twice. The last time was many months ago. Do I care about hair length? Yes and No. Yes – I am interested in making sure that my hair is not damaged and wracked with split ends and those awful fairy knots. Yes, I am interested in growing my hair back to the length that it was before my big chop.
No, I don’t constantly stretch my hair to see how long it’s grown. You see, for me, constantly checking my hair length is like watching water boil.
So, I’ve chosen to focus on the health and handling of my hair and not focus on tugging it monthly to see if it’s grown another 1/4 of an inch this month. I’ve found that taking the time to nurture my hair both inside and out has made my hair healthy; and like anything that is loved and nurtured, growth will follow.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- 4 Topics That Unnerve and Divide The Natural Hair Community
- Everyone Ain’t Supposed To Be Natural
- Exploring the History of the Natural Hair Movement
- An Historical Perspective on Black Hair In America
- 5 Ways to Make Money in the Natural Hair Industry
- Nutrition Spotlight: The Benefits of Kelp on Hair
- Yes, I Stretch My Natural Hair – No Biggie…
- What’s Cooking In The Lab At The Science Of Black Hair?
- Four Misconceptions Black Women Have About Natural Hair
- Should You “Texlax” Your Kinks and Curls?
- Which Is Best: Slow Transition To Natural, Or The Big Chop?
- Woman Forgoes Sleeping Cap with Black Woman On It and Pays More (Story Time & Lesson)