Why I’m Not Obsessed With My Natural Hair Length
I celebrate my 2 year natur-versary in January, 2014. But I won’t be marking my anniversary with a hair length check.
Do I check my hair length? Yes, twice. The last time was many months ago. Do I care about hair length? Yes and No. Yes – I am interested in making sure that my hair is not damaged and wracked with split ends and those awful fairy knots. Yes, I am interested in growing my hair back to the length that it was before my big chop.
No, I don’t constantly stretch my hair to see how long it’s grown. You see, for me, constantly checking my hair length is like watching water boil.
So, I’ve chosen to focus on the health and handling of my hair and not focus on tugging it monthly to see if it’s grown another 1/4 of an inch this month. I’ve found that taking the time to nurture my hair both inside and out has made my hair healthy; and like anything that is loved and nurtured, growth will follow.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Video: Tracee Ellis Ross Shares How She Has Learned To Love The Natural Hair She Used To Hate
- Should You “Texlax” Your Kinks and Curls?
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals
- That Itchy Scalp Driving You Crazy? What Causes Itchy Scalp and How To Combat It
- Ebony.com’s Summer Tips for Natural Hair
- NHCN Podcast 001: Why We Started Natural Haircare News
- Losing Your Natural Hair? The Remedy Might Be In Your Kitchen!
- Scalp Care Don’t Care? Take Heed From These Naturalistas!
- Why Kinky, Coily, Afro Hair Is More Than Just In Vogue, – It’s Here To Stay!
- The Importance Of Curl Typing And How To Make It Work For You
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Senegalese Women’s Group Called “N’happy Galsen Find The Beauty In Their Natural Hair