Should You “Texlax” Your Kinks and Curls?
Here’s an intriguing article courtesy of Clutch Magazine Online which highlights the pros and cons of tex-laxing; the process of easing the tightness of one’s natural curl pattern using chemical relaxers.
BTW, for those who are wondering, “tex-laxing” and “texturizers” are one in the same.
We know that the very topic of choosing to add chemicals to our natural hair will start heated conversations about whether or not one is truly natural if the hair is altered with chemicals.
But Natural Haircare News is the war-free zone…
There are as many arguments for and against tex-laxing as there are stars in the sky. One could argue that your hair is no longer natural if you alter it in any way such as using twisting, braiding and other styling techniques that change the way that your hair naturally grows out of your head.
I’m a believer of the old maxim “to each her own” but for the record, your hair is no longer natural if it is chemically altered. That’s just the facts. However, how you choose to wear your hair is your choice. Be confident with your decision and make your choices based on what is best for you.
Considering Tex-Laxing Your Hair? 10 Things That You Need To Know
Have you seen the #TexLax hashtags on Instagram? Heard people talking about it online? Well, the process of tex-laxing has gained popularity recently among women with natural hair who are reverting back to chemicals but want to avoid a straight, relaxed look.
Though it doesn’t process your hair as heavily as a relaxer would, texlaxing still has drawbacks when it comes to your hair’s health. And some naturals criticize it because the hair has a textured, ‘natural’ look but it’s not fully chemical-free.
If you’re considering giving it a try, here are 10 things to know.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Is Your Hair Really Natural If It’s Texturized?
- NHCN Podcast 0012: Why Does Airport Security Need to Search My Hair?
- RIP Titi Branch – Co Founder of Miss Jessie’s Products
- You’ve Heard it Before But Worth Repeating – Tips To Avoid Hairline Damage
- The Politics Of Natural Hair: An Effective Get Out The Vote Video Campaign
- Thank You From the Natural Hair Divas at Natural Haircare News!
- My Reaction to the POPSUGAR “Natural Hair” Article
- That Itchy Scalp Driving You Crazy? What Causes Itchy Scalp and How To Combat It
- Photographer’s Photo Gallery Captures the Full Beauty of Our Kinky, Curly, Wavy Hair
- Eight Year Old Girl Suffers Severe Scalp Damage From Bullies For Weaving Her Natural Hair- VIDEO
- Do You Have Natural Hair Depression?
- Want Natural Hair With Thicker And Stronger Ends? Try These 6 Tips!