Lupita Nyong’o’s Groundbreaking Approach to the Teenie Weenie Afro
Who knew that the teeny weeny afro (TWA) could be styled in a breathtaking way? Lupita Nyong’o apparently did – or at least her stylist did!
The TWA is traditionally known to be no more than that boring, uninteresting and unvarying phase between the big chop and an afro. That is until Lupita boldly and beautifully stepped up to change that perception.
During the awards season, we witnessed Lupita sporting her TWA with a widow’s peak, parted down the middle, cropped close, in a faux hawk and adorned with headbands.
Elle Magazine interviewed Lupita’s hairstylist who revealed how they came up with the ideas for the amazing styles the award-winning actress wore on the red carpet and beyond.
You can read the interview here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- How to Work Through the Highs and Lows of the Natural Hair Journey
- Nourishing Your Natural Hair From Within
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- Nicki Minaj Reveals Her Natural Hair On Twitter
- Should You Ever Use Heat On Natural Hair?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here