Lupita Nyong’o’s Groundbreaking Approach to the Teenie Weenie Afro
Who knew that the teeny weeny afro (TWA) could be styled in a breathtaking way? Lupita Nyong’o apparently did – or at least her stylist did!
The TWA is traditionally known to be no more than that boring, uninteresting and unvarying phase between the big chop and an afro. That is until Lupita boldly and beautifully stepped up to change that perception.
During the awards season, we witnessed Lupita sporting her TWA with a widow’s peak, parted down the middle, cropped close, in a faux hawk and adorned with headbands.
Elle Magazine interviewed Lupita’s hairstylist who revealed how they came up with the ideas for the amazing styles the award-winning actress wore on the red carpet and beyond.
You can read the interview here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- Natural Hair Care News Founder Featured in Entrepreneurship Video
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- News Anchor Pam McKelvy Removes Wig and Reveals Her Natural Hair on the Air
- Guest Post: Kina Kanu Hair Product Review
- Pushing the Boundaries of Natural Hair- Beyond Twist Outs and Bantu Knots
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Biracial Bias in the Natural Hair Community
- GOOD Hair, BAD Hair Day – The In Between Times