Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair - May 3, 2017
What if you decided to finally go natural and stop using relaxers, and nix the weaves, only to find out that your man hates the curls and coils that you were born with?
Husband and wife Love and McLea were faced with this very problem and they spoke about it on The Steve Harvey Show. Love said that they were together for 9 years and when they first met, she wore weaves. It was only three years ago that she decided to wear her hair natural after a bad experience with a weave.
According to Love, when her husband saw her natural hair for the first time, he actually ran out of the house!
For his part, McLea said that he “understands” how long it could take for natural hair to grow out and he tries to be supportive of his beautiful wife, but lamented that he wished there were more styles Love could do with her hair to make it more ‘appealing’. Steve Harvey asked Love how she felt about what her husband shared to which she replied:
“No wife wants to hear that their husband is not attracted to their natural beauty, so of course it makes me feel bad. But I feel like I am to blame for this because I’ve been wearing weaves since I could talk and he’s never really seen me in this state. So it kind of feels like it’s my fault.”
Love added that if her husband is more supportive of her natural curls, she’ll wear it more. She also shared how overwhelming the process of going natural has been for her because she is at a loss as to how to style her hair.
Luckily for the couple, Steve brought in natural hair blogger Nikki Walton who offered advice to Love on her natural hair journey as well as some of the great styles that she can try on her hair. You can watch the video of the show below:
Is your man supportive of you wearing your hair natural, or is he more like McLea? Do you, like Love, blame yourself if your man can’t accept your natural curls?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Help a Brotha’ Out! How Do I Maintain My Locs?
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- [Video] Today Show Beauty Expert Turns Natural Hair Debacle Into a Learning Experience
- 8 Really Good Reasons To Stop Straightening Your Hair and Go Natural
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- The Politics of Hair: Choosing Between Straight or Natural Hair on the Job [Video]
- Coming To Terms With Losing My Natural Hair [Video]
- So You Want To Go Natural?
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace