Why Tamron Hall’s Natural Hair is a Big Deal
On the morning of June 27, Today show’s co-host Tamron Hall debuted her natural hair for the first time on TV. The 43 year old who is also the show’s first female African-American co-host surprised her colleagues with the move. But judging on their reactions (and the majority of the viewers’ reactions), they are absolutely loving her natural ‘do.
Tamron did not exactly plan on appearing on the morning television show with her hair unstraightened. According to a tweet she shared on Friday morning, she was shooting with Bear Grylls in the wild and got back late on Thursday. She did not get much rest so she was too tired to straighten her hair.
And the natural hair movement is thankful for that.
It’s one thing to wear your natural kinks and curls to the office but it is another to actually sport it in front of millions of viewers. So Tamron’s decision can well be used by black women in corporate America to empower themselves and break common stereotypes.
Read more about the significance of Tamron Hall’s natural hair in this article from The Root.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere
- How The Natural Hair Movement Empowered Me
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College