Why Tamron Hall’s Natural Hair is a Big Deal
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Natural Hair Care News Founder Featured in Entrepreneurship Video - August 25, 2017
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
On the morning of June 27, Today show’s co-host Tamron Hall debuted her natural hair for the first time on TV. The 43 year old who is also the show’s first female African-American co-host surprised her colleagues with the move. But judging on their reactions (and the majority of the viewers’ reactions), they are absolutely loving her natural ‘do.
Tamron did not exactly plan on appearing on the morning television show with her hair unstraightened. According to a tweet she shared on Friday morning, she was shooting with Bear Grylls in the wild and got back late on Thursday. She did not get much rest so she was too tired to straighten her hair.
And the natural hair movement is thankful for that.
It’s one thing to wear your natural kinks and curls to the office but it is another to actually sport it in front of millions of viewers. So Tamron’s decision can well be used by black women in corporate America to empower themselves and break common stereotypes.
Read more about the significance of Tamron Hall’s natural hair in this article from The Root.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Teyonah Parris on Her Natural Hair: It Looked Nothing Like ‘What I thought was beautiful’
- Jill Scott Doesn’t Let Her Hair Define Her
- Myths And Misconceptions You May Have About Natural Hair
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- Locs – Another Natural Hair Styling Alternative
- Black Hair Education: The Key To Ending Discrimination?
- So You Want To Go Natural?
- The Black Power Movements’ Influence on the “Natural Hair Movement”
- The Power of the Afro Flower
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College