Unconventional Ways to Cleanse Your Kinks, Curls and Coils
There are two very different schools of thought when it comes to whether to use shampoo or whether to opt for co-washing natural hair.
Traditional shampoo contains sulfates, (detergents) which can be harsh on any type of hair but especially drying for kinkier, curlier hair because shampoos with sulfates are great at stripping the hair of dirt and buildup which means it is also very effective at stripping the hair of natural oils.
Highly textured hair has a harder time with retaining natural oils from roots to ends because of the curl factor. The use of no-poo, or sulfate-free shampoo alternatives is the right choice for many Naturalistas.
The good news is that there are quite a few alternatives.
One of our favorite blogs, BlackGirlLongHair.com compiled a list of six alternatives for women who want a no-poo way to keep their hair clean:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
2. Terressentials Mud Wash
3. Bentonite Clay
4. Baking Soda
6. Castile Soap
You can find out more about these shampoo alternatives work here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- So You Want To Go Natural?
- Solutions For Natural Hair Shrinkage
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- Castor Oil and Why It Is Good for Natural Hair
- Five Ingredients in Hair Products To Steer Clear Of
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- Common Misconceptions About Natural Hair
- Signs Your Hair Needs a Protein Treatment
- Want to go Natural? Don’t Do It If…
- Scalp Care Don’t Care? Take Heed From These Naturalistas!
- Do You Have Natural Hair Depression?