The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
Remember Army Regulation 670-1, that military regulation ruling banning black women from wearing natural hairstyles like dreadlocks and two-strand twists but allows hair relaxing, cornrows, micro-braids and wigs? Well, The Daily Show has taken on the issue in a comedic way.
Jessica Williams, with her trademark hilarious way of presenting news, has put together this short skit titled Operation Black Hair. The idea behind the segment is if the military people who have implemented the ban were educated about the nature of black hair, then the ban would not have happened at all.
Watch Williams as she interviews Sgt. Jasmine Jacobs who started the White House Petition asking the military to reconsider the regulation. Williams also attempts to educate a military blogger, retired Lt Cdr Thomas Cheever, whose main advice to black female soldiers is to just “Suck it up!”.
Education through humor sometimes is the only way to go. Kudos to Jessica and The Daily Show.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- A Must Read For Natural Hair Nazis
- NHCN Podcast 0019: The Lucrative Hair Weave Market
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Black Hair Education: The Key To Ending Discrimination?
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere
- How The Natural Hair Movement Empowered Me
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here