Headscarfs: Not Just For Sleeping Anymore [Video]
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
Wearing a satin or silk headscarf to bed protects your hairstyle and prevents you from having to deal with knots and tangles in the morning. The protective headwear also helps retain your curls’ moisture and natural oils, protecting your hair from breakage and dryness.
Scarves are not limited to wearing before bed though; you can also wear them stylishly during the day. Headscarves are great for protecting your curls from the summer heat and from losing moisture. Speaking from experience a scarf can also save you during a bad hair day. You can protect your curls from dirt and outside elements using a scarf.
There are many different ways you can wear a head scarf which makes this simple square of fabric a fun alternative for hairstyles. I love this video created and shared by YouTuber LoveYourTresses, which shows 15 fun, fashionable ways you can sport head scarves. Enjoy!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- How To Care For Your Natural Hair While Adorning A Protective Style
- Want Natural Hair With Thicker And Stronger Ends? Try These 6 Tips!
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- NHCN Podcast 0013: Do You Dislike My Hair?
- How To Achieve Second-Day Hair
- 3 Hair Loss Problems Caused By Natural Hair Care Practices
- Help a Brotha’ Out! How Do I Maintain My Locs?
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- 5 Tried And Tested Ways To Stop Hair Breakage
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Lavender Essential Oil Recipes for Natural Hair Growth
- Understanding Your Hair Porosity – A Strategic Approach to Combating Dry, Frizzy Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question