Headscarfs: Not Just For Sleeping Anymore [Video]
Wearing a satin or silk headscarf to bed protects your hairstyle and prevents you from having to deal with knots and tangles in the morning. The protective headwear also helps retain your curls’ moisture and natural oils, protecting your hair from breakage and dryness.
Scarves are not limited to wearing before bed though; you can also wear them stylishly during the day. Headscarves are great for protecting your curls from the summer heat and from losing moisture. Speaking from experience a scarf can also save you during a bad hair day. You can protect your curls from dirt and outside elements using a scarf.
There are many different ways you can wear a head scarf which makes this simple square of fabric a fun alternative for hairstyles. I love this video created and shared by YouTuber LoveYourTresses, which shows 15 fun, fashionable ways you can sport head scarves. Enjoy!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- How To Care For Your Natural Hair While Adorning A Protective Style
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- Want Natural Hair With Thicker And Stronger Ends? Try These 6 Tips!
- NHCN Podcast 0013: Do You Dislike My Hair?
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here