The Politics Of Natural Hair: An Effective Get Out The Vote Video Campaign
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
If They Speak For Me, a campaign to get out the vote, lead by ColorOfChange.org uses the perspective of natural hair, in one of their videos, to make a point about the importance of this upcoming midterm election.
“If you don’t speak up someone else will speak for you” the interviewer says in the end.
Whether we’re talking about the politics of hair or the politics of our government, it’s extremely important for black women to let their voices be heard.
With issues such as healthcare, equal pay, police violence and voter suppression in the forefront, this is an empowering campaign that hopes to cut through the apathy and inspire people of color to let their voices be heard at the polls this November 4th.
Check it out… and don’t forget to vote.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- Natural Hair Care News: Everything You Need To Know About Natural Hair Care Tips and Trends
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- NHCN Podcast 0012: Why Does Airport Security Need to Search My Hair?
- Oprah and Her Natural Hair: Is She a Role Model?
- Are Black Women Being Punished for Wearing Their Hair In Its Natural State?
- Movers and Shakers: A Natural Hair Care Video Guide
- NHCN Podcast 0013: Do You Dislike My Hair?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair