Myths And Misconceptions You May Have About Natural Hair
When it comes to natural hair, there are so many misconceptions. And these are so widely spread that a lot of people actually believe they are facts. Not knowing what is right and what is not when it comes to caring for natural hair can be detrimental and it might not give you the results you are desiring or expecting.
So always make sure you are informed and don’t just take at face value everything you hear or read about natural hair. Do your own research and learn as much as you can about your own unique hair – my sister Dianne and I for example can often have different results with the same product.
The article 5 Black Natural Hair Myths That Need To Be Busted Right This Instant from Bustle.com disproves the following 5 natural hair myths:
- relaxed hair is easier to manage
- hair shouldn’t be washed often
- greasing the scalp makes hair grow faster
- black hair is strong
- braids are the best protective style
Have you encountered these myths before? Read why these are mere misconceptions here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals
- How The Natural Hair Movement Empowered Me
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here