Myths And Misconceptions You May Have About Natural Hair
Latest posts by Dianne (see all)
- Black Women and Hair Loss: Heed the Warning Signs - March 17, 2017
- Are Black Women with Natural Hair Being Overcharged at Hair Salons? - February 25, 2017
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice - February 12, 2017
When it comes to natural hair, there are so many misconceptions. And these are so widely spread that a lot of people actually believe they are facts. Not knowing what is right and what is not when it comes to caring for natural hair can be detrimental and it might not give you the results you are desiring or expecting.
So always make sure you are informed and don’t just take at face value everything you hear or read about natural hair. Do your own research and learn as much as you can about your own unique hair – my sister Dianne and I for example can often have different results with the same product.
The article 5 Black Natural Hair Myths That Need To Be Busted Right This Instant from Bustle.com disproves the following 5 natural hair myths:
- relaxed hair is easier to manage
- hair shouldn’t be washed often
- greasing the scalp makes hair grow faster
- black hair is strong
- braids are the best protective style
Have you encountered these myths before? Read why these are mere misconceptions here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Locs – Another Natural Hair Styling Alternative
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
- Why Is My Hair Not Growing? Reasons Why Your Hair Is Stubbornly Short
- The Black Power Movements’ Influence on the “Natural Hair Movement”
- Common Misconceptions About Natural Hair
- Debunking 5 Common Myths About Moisturizing Your Natural Hair
- Black Hair Education: The Key To Ending Discrimination?
- Why Tamron Hall’s Natural Hair is a Big Deal
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Transitioners Start Here
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace