Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire
CNN recently reported a heartbreakingly sad story. Two young children, Ta’Shea Thompson Johnson, age 4, and Clifton Thompson Johnson, age 3 died when two gas space heaters allegedly ignited a fire in their Louisiana home.
The children were allegedly left unsupervised while their mother, Ciarria Johnson was at a local hair salon having her hair styled. Ciarria told investigators that she asked a neighbor to look after the children while she was at the salon but according to CNN, the deputy chief of police disputed the mother’s claims that neighbors were asked to watch her children while she went to the hair salon.
Neighbors tried to rescue the two children but were unable to access the home due to the smoke and flames.
The mother, who learned about the fire after being contacted, rushed home to find the house in ruins with her babies inside was treated at a local psychiatric hospital. According to CNN she will be charged with negligent manslaughter.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.
You May Also Like:
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Seriously…We Are Still Hating On Gabby Douglas’ Hair in 2016?
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Overseas Natural Hair Journey: Living Abroad as a Black Woman With Natural Hair
- Natural Hair “Velcro Cap” Weave – An Alternative to Traditional Weaves?
- NHCN Podcast 0020: Naturals Over 40 – Do We Have A Voice?
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- POLL: Is Wash and Wear Hair Fact or Fiction for Naturals?
- Does Having Natural Hair Make it Easier To Participate In Activities That You Avoided When Your Hair Was Straight? [Poll]