Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- NHCN Podcast 0019: The Lucrative Hair Weave Market
- My Hair Journey – Dominique-Alexis
- Poll: Do You Believe That The Chemicals in Relaxers Cause Health Issues? Is It Why You Went Natural?
- Five year old Maleigha’s Natural Hair Salon Adventure
- How The Natural Hair Movement Empowered Me
- NHCN Podcast 002: The Hair Controversy – Gabby Douglas and Oprah Winfrey
- My Thoughts: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair Event in Boston
- NHCN Podcast 0014: Natural Hair Envy
- The Black Power Movements’ Influence on the “Natural Hair Movement”
- Natural Hair Breakage? Here Are 4 Reasons Why Your Hair Is Breaking
- The Effects of Celebrity Natural Hair Stylists’ Presence on Social Media
- Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!