Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Growing Popularity of Homemade Natural Haircare Products
- Organic Root Stimulator Natural Hair Meet-Up
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Natural Hair in the Workplace – Why You Still Can’t Wear It
- Hair Nah- The Natural Hair Game
- Video: Got Locs? Loc Curling Tips and Hairstyles
- NHCN Podcast 0020: Naturals Over 40 – Do We Have A Voice?
- Should You Ever Use Heat On Natural Hair?
- Do You Find the Term “Nappy Hair” Offensive?
- Five year old Maleigha’s Natural Hair Salon Adventure
- Readers’ Spotlight: Nappy and Natural – Lynnette’s Story
- Does Having Natural Hair Make it Easier To Participate In Activities That You Avoided When Your Hair Was Straight? [Poll]