Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- New Law Paves the Way For Board Certification in Natural Haircare Specialty in Oregon
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- What We Can Learn From Viola Davis About Wearing Wigs, Natural Hair, and Hair Loss
- Video: Was It a Really Bad Camera Timing or Was QVC Hosts Mocking Natural Hair Model?
- Video: Natural Hairstyle Evolution Over The Last 100 Years
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Jill Scott Doesn’t Let Her Hair Define Her
- Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire
- Anti Hair Braiding Laws in the U.S.?
- The Politics of Hair: Choosing Between Straight or Natural Hair on the Job [Video]
- The Top Concerns of Women with Natural Hair – Felicia Leatherwood, Celebrity Stylist
- My Deva Chan Salon Experience- Transitioning Hair Cut
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question