Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
- Video Sharing: HOW TO GET CURLY HAIR (TUTORIAL)
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Porcha and Sami: Natural Haircare News Amazon Gift Card Survey Winners!
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- Unconventional Ways to Cleanse Your Kinks, Curls and Coils
- Naturalistas – Check Out “The Curl Connection” Natural Hair Event
- [Video] Today Show Beauty Expert Turns Natural Hair Debacle Into a Learning Experience
- Are Black Women with Natural Hair Being Overcharged at Hair Salons?
- Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
- Walking the Talk: The Day I Finally Convinced My Daughter to Stop Texturizing Her Hair