Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- New Law Paves the Way For Board Certification in Natural Haircare Specialty in Oregon
- Anti Hair Braiding Laws in the U.S.?
- The Politics of Hair: Choosing Between Straight or Natural Hair on the Job [Video]
- Felicia Leatherwood Month – Felicia Shares How She Started Working With Natural Hair
- BBC News Covers Stylists’ Concerns Due to Shift to Natural Hair
- How Social Media Can Change the Game for Bad Hair Service
- The Top Concerns of Women with Natural Hair – Felicia Leatherwood, Celebrity Stylist
- My Deva Chan Salon Experience- Transitioning Hair Cut
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- We Love Felicia Leatherwood Month – Natural Hair Tips and Strategies from the Natural Hair Master
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair