Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Debunking 5 Common Myths About Moisturizing Your Natural Hair
- Do You Have What It Takes To Go Natural?
- 5 Tried And Tested Ways To Stop Hair Breakage
- Nourishing Your Natural Hair From Within
- Update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup- Engaging Young women in Community Service and Self Love
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Oprah Dons Big Afro Wig For September Issue of “O” Magazine
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed”
- A Black Doll with Crossover Appeal – Building Our Children’s Self Esteem and Educating The Masses
- 3 Hair Loss Problems Caused By Natural Hair Care Practices
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College