An Historical Perspective on Black Hair In America
Here is an article that transcends the usual buzz around styling and managing black hair and sheds some light on the social, political, and historical aspects of Black ethnic hairstyles and the impact on White America: What the Evolution of Black Hair Says About White America Today.
The author, Jamilah King touches on the cultural appropriation controversy that we highlighted in the article, Cultural Appropriation of Black Hairstyles Creating a Buzz but then dives deeper into the history of black hair offset by great pictorials.
You can read the full article here:
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.
You May Also Like:
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- POLL: Is Wash and Wear Hair Fact or Fiction for Naturals?
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Are You Protective Styling Or Defective Styling?
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Afros: A Natural Hair Exhibit
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- The Choice Is Yours
- From Natural to Straight to Natural Again: The History of African American Hair
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair