An Historical Perspective on Black Hair In America
Here is an article that transcends the usual buzz around styling and managing black hair and sheds some light on the social, political, and historical aspects of Black ethnic hairstyles and the impact on White America: What the Evolution of Black Hair Says About White America Today.
The author, Jamilah King touches on the cultural appropriation controversy that we highlighted in the article, Cultural Appropriation of Black Hairstyles Creating a Buzz but then dives deeper into the history of black hair offset by great pictorials.
You can read the full article here:
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- From Natural to Straight to Natural Again: The History of African American Hair
- The Choice Is Yours
- Two Lucky Winners of Our Fall, 2014 Natural Hair Products Survey Will Be Announced Soon!
- Porcha and Sami: Natural Haircare News Amazon Gift Card Survey Winners!
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- Afros: A Natural Hair Exhibit
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- Smithsonian Event Grapples With Black Women’s Relationship With Our Hair
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Embracing Our Own Standard Of Beauty
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place