Coming To Terms With Losing My Natural Hair [Video]
As I shared in an earlier post, Cancer, Chemo, and Hair Loss: One Naturalista’s Journey, due to chemotherapy treatments, I’ve reached the point where I’ve lost all of my natural hair.
There was no turning back for me when I took the plunge and transitioned from relaxers to natural hair over three years ago and it was quite the journey. You can imagine my shock to learn that I had cancer and that I would lose all of my hair from treatments employed to kill those nasty cancer cells.
In the scheme of things, losing hair is not a big deal when you think about the alternative. I recognize this yet, I’m human and I loved my thick, kinky hair! Talking about my experience is in many ways therapeutic. Each person’s cancer journey is different, but I decided that I wanted to share my personal pilgrimage with others who may possibly find some benefit in learning about my experience as they take their own journey.
This is the first in a series of videos where I share the start of my chemotherapy treatment, (this video is pre-hair loss), and how this has impacted my natural hair journey. I encourage you to subscribe to my new YouTube channel to share this journey with me.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- A Bag Full Of Afro Kinky Hair – Look Good Feel Better [Video]
- I’m Losing My Natural Hair [Video] – A Naturalista’s Cancer Hair Loss Journey
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- Why I’m Sharing My Cancer Journey [Video]
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- Two Lucky Winners of Our Fall, 2014 Natural Hair Products Survey Will Be Announced Soon!
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place