‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
One of the exciting things about this current natural hair movement is the plethora of new, as well as tried and true Black entrepreneurs, that are rising to the forefront and having major success.
What better way to pamper and care for your kinks and curls than with a brand that knows from experience what your locs need? What better way to support your community, near and far, than by buying from black owned and in most cases, female driven, natural hair product brands.
Some may think where they buy their products from and by whom doesn’t matter as long as it does the job and the price is right.
I can definitely get with that.
But I still keep on my radar those brands that speak to me from a shared cultural and nappy hair perspective. I feel empowered in that exchange. I think about a time when we didn’t have much of a choice.
I like having a choice.
A choice of moisture rich, texture enhancing, all natural products, with such ethnically rich names as, My Honey Child and Thank God It’s Natural (TGIN). Or product lines paying homage to family members, past and present, such as Miss Jessie’s, Aunt Jackie’s or Karen’s Body Beautiful. Even product lines all the way from the Motherland as in OBIA. It brings me joy to see them get their share of this billion dollar industry.
Honestly, do I shop for my hair products always exclusively seeking out BOB’s?
I do not.
I like convenience and a price that fits my budget at any given time, just as much as the next person. But usually, when given the choice, I’m inclined to get down with the BOB’s. There’s something truly natural (pun intended) about that.
Black Owned Brands. I love having a choice!
According to ‘Clutch Mag Online’ 16 popular black natural hair care brands are:
Visit our solution oriented, natural hair products store, to see what some of these Black Owned Companies have cooked up to enliven your kinks and curls.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- The Power of the Afro Flower
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Natural Hair Regimen
- Teen Is Founder, CEO Of Six Figure Global Natural Hair Product Business
- Tips for Preventing Hair Product Acne
- Confessions of a Former Product Junkie
- Guest Post: Afro Love
- Afros: A Natural Hair Exhibit
- Natural Hair Event Alert: New England DIY Products at Whole Foods
- 5 Tried And Tested Ways To Stop Hair Breakage
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace