Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
Knowing that you have cancer is a life changing experience. The process of being treated can be draining. I’ve been blessed to have a great support network of family and friends but patients may have needs that cannot be met by their support system. For many, being treated creates a whole new set of problems.
Will I be able to work and provide for my family?
How will I get to my cancer treatments?
Who will take care of my kids?
In this video, I share a variety of cancer resources that you can add to your system of support if needed. From financial support, transportation assistance, and childcare, there are organizations that can offer help for those who need it.
My list will be very helpful but it is not comprehensive. If you are aware of an organization that should be on the list, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.
You May Also Like:
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- Why I’m Sharing My Cancer Journey [Video]
- Natural Afro Textured Hair and Chemo Curls – Myth or Fact? NHCN Podcast 0022
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- A Bag Full Of Afro Kinky Hair – Look Good Feel Better [Video]
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?