POLL: Do You Think That Older Naturals Are Missing From The Natural Hair Conversation?
[Scroll down to take our poll]
We love the conversation and information sharing on social media about natural hair. From Facebook to Instagram, the idea of wearing our hair unaltered by chemicals has become as natural as breathing.
But what seems to be missing is the voice of the mature natural-haired woman, that is women over 40. My co-founder and sister, Pamela and I fall into this category and we want to do more to highlight our beautiful natural sister’s in this space.
We want to know what you think in the meantime. Are we missing something? Are there voices out there that we aren’t aware of in the blogsphere? Are you over 40 and want us to share your picture on a page we’ll be creating featuring mature naturals? Send us your pic or share your thoughts via email at info@NaturalHaircareNews.com. In the meantime, take our poll below and get results back in real time!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hairstyles for Formal Events- Sexy and Elegant Styles for Natural Hair
- Which Natural Hair Advice Is Right for You?
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- What Type of Black Man Loves Natural Hair?
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Black Women and Hair Loss: Heed the Warning Signs
- NHCN Podcast 0020: Naturals Over 40 – Do We Have A Voice?
Be sure to take our short poll and let us know what you think: Do You Think That Older Naturals Are Missing From The Natural Hair Conversation? Take our Poll
Thanks Sandy for sharing link! I just subscribed to channel. I was not aware of the “mature” natural YouTube channels. I will definitely check out the rest.
Hello Sandy- Thank you so much for this information! We will reach out to her. Thank you for your support.
This is a great idea. There is a vlogger, Prettiunique on You Tube who organized around this issue before. She is knowledgeable of many of the older you tube naturals. You’d be surprised how many are on YT.
Here is link to her Mature Naturals You Tube Channel. I’m sure she would be glad to make an announcement about your interest in pictures as well as do an interview for you.
Thank you so much for filling the void of giving voice to “mature” naturals! I was thinking the other day that there’s a need for some type of network for 40+ naturals. I will definitely be sending a photo!
Thank you Tonya! We look forward to getting your photo as well.