Overseas Natural Hair Journey: Living Abroad as a Black Woman With Natural Hair
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair - May 3, 2017
We loved this story of one woman’s natural hair journey as an American overseas.
Sheryll Donerson highlighted her experience living in Korea and the cultural differences she experienced as it relates to both hair texture and race in an article for Refinery29.
Some of the challenges that she faced included finding products geared towards natural hair, dried out hair due to the minerals in the water, and just general hair curiosity from citizens not used to seeing black people “in the flesh”. Being black in Korea was – and likely still is – a rarity.
Read Sheryll’s story here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Common Misconceptions That Continue To Persist About Natural Hair
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Two Lucky Winners of Our Fall, 2014 Natural Hair Products Survey Will Be Announced Soon!
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace