Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup
- Update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup- Engaging Young women in Community Service and Self Love - January 15, 2019
- Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup - February 16, 2017
- Retired Veteran Is Teaching Young Women To Love Their Natural Hair - January 21, 2017
Here’s an update from Veronica Parnell who we featured in an article because of the great work that she is doing with helping young women love their hair, (and bond with each other in the process). Check out Veronica’s latest news and if you are in the area, join Veronica and the ladies at an upcoming Natural Hair Meetup.
(Dear Natural Haircare News):
I am super excited to share with you pictures of our first successful Natural Hair Meetup with the natural ladies on McConnell AFB. The girls had the opportunity to connect with professional women who love their hair and who were eager to discuss ways to stay on their respective journeys. The girls pictured here are all AFJROTC cadets who wear the AF uniform once a week for a grade. As a result, they shared protective styling tricks and techniques used while in uniform. I was very proud to see the girls speak with confidence and pride, willing to share with adults the love they have for their hair. A sweet reminder that my labor is not in vain! 🙂
I shared tips for maintaining my hair, using the girls as hair models, I conducted short moisturizing and protective style maintenance techniques. I also answered questions about growing back edges, LOC method, length retention and so much more. Overall, it was a blast and we are all extremely excited about our next Meetup/Texture which is growing in interest by corporate sponsors and community naturals by the day.
The girls and I, in partnership with the two ladies of McConnell who helped me organize this event have agreed to host quarterly Meetups on the base to capture the new women as they transition into the city. In order to connect the military women with the naturals in Wichita, we will host monthly Meetups at a centralized location in the city. Several natural hair product companies have agreed to partner with us to provide financial as well as product support to ensure our success.
Thank you again for sharing our story with your audience of readers. It is our prayer that more young girls (and young at heart women) will follow our lead and embrace their natural hair. In the interim, we will keep impacting Wichita the best way we can.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup- Engaging Young women in Community Service and Self Love
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- NHCN Podcast 0016: The Anatomy of a Natural Hair Meetup
- Celebrity Natural Hair Stylist Felicia Leatherwood Sets The Mood for Seeds Of Luv Natural Hair Event – Boston – Photos
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Update on Vanessa VanDyke: Student Who was Threatened with Suspension from School for Natural Hair
- The Benefits of Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Event Alert: New England DIY Products at Whole Foods
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair
- Retired Veteran Is Teaching Young Women To Love Their Natural Hair
- My Thoughts: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair Event in Boston
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place