Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Everyone knows braids and Alicia Keys go together like peanut butter and jelly. Recently, Mrs. Keys posted three Instagram photos of her hair in small rubber band sections that went into two braids. The sections and braids were decorated with gold cuffs. The singer wore a beautiful white blouse, hoop earrings, and pearly whites to match.
Some of Alicia Keys’ gold braid cuffs looked like they had diamonds on them! In her caption, the singer said, “There’s jewels in my mind…” She’s been a trendsetter since her debut album “Songs in A Minor” in the early 2000s. Girls and women around the world became inspired with her beaded cornrows in the videos for “Fallin’” and “A Woman’s Worth.”
Everywhere you turned, there was someone rocking the same or similar style to A. Keys. One young singer by the name of Jamia Simone Nash (now known as Jamia) appeared on the Apollo stage looking like a little version of Alicia Keys. She even sang “Fallin”! Too cute!
Braids with silver, gold and other cuffs is a style that has been spreading like wildfire, but I’ve never seen anyone with diamonds or rhinestones on their cuffs. We’ll see if it catches on! In the meantime, we’re loving it!
Last year, Alicia Keys started a “no makeup” challenge. Celebrities like Tamron Hall and Gabrielle Union joined the “In Common” singer in wearing no makeup in public. Alicia Keys is currently finishing her final season as a judge on the popular NBC show “The Voice.”
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Oprah and Her Natural Hair: Is She a Role Model?
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Which Natural Hair Advice Is Right for You?
- Taraji P. Henson’s New Cut Is Everything
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question