Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Singer Erica Campbell from the gospel group Mary Mary may be contemplating going natural! The host of the radio show Get Up! Mornings was not feeling her “real hair” last week. Campbell wore her hair curled with a part in the middle. After the curls dropped due to the rain, she took to Instagram to let her fans know she was not pleased.
Erica Campbell released two short Instagram videos with the caption “Real hair issues. I should go natural.” In one of the videos, The singer said, “I had such high expectations for this… wearing my own hair today.” Campbell attempted to finger comb her hair to her liking but was not successful. Many of her fans loved the idea of her going natural. @Denize39 said, “I thought you were natural…do it!…”
Other fans like @pretty_much_so commented on how Erica Campbell could switch between natural and protective styling. She said, “Yes!!! You should go natural!! You can switch it up with a wig or extension if you want a straight look once in awhile.” If Campbell goes natural, she will be joining her younger sisters Tina and GooGoo in their natural hair journeys. Both sisters are also co-stars on WEtv’s reality show “Mary Mary”.
Erica Campbell has been a part of the duo Mary Mary since the late 90s. In 2014, she released her debut solo album entitled “Help.” The album won two Grammys including the category for “Best Gospel Album.” In 2015, Campbell released the album “Help 2.0”.
If Erica Campbell goes natural, we are all here for it!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair