Social Media Beauty for All Ages
Sure, social media may be dominated by the younger set, but it’s not only for those under 40. When it comes to celebrating natural hair, there are some silver-haired beauties showing that “women of a certain age” can be just as gorgeous and fly as their younger counterparts.
Which Gray-Haired Naturals Should You Check Out?
- NaturalSilverSista, aka Mildred Bean, is very popular in social media hair circles, and one peek at her Instagram page should show you why! When it comes to all natural locks — no color, no chemicals — she shows just how gorgeous they can be. Her shiny silver bob-like cut has such a lush, healthy sheen to it. Plus, she’s not afraid to switch up her style.
- Looking at the Instagram account for SilverIsSexy will have you saying, “Yes, it sure is!” Her stated mission is to “rewrite the books on aging and shatter myths about gray hair.” If you thought gray hair was only for little old ladies in rocking chairs, she’ll make you think again.
- Model Teruko Burrell‘s bio specs read that her hair is “salt and pepper” — whether you want to call it that or call it silver, her tresses are gorgeous however you describe them.
- Bethann Hardison, former model — and yes, Kadeem Hardison’s mommy! — has long worked to increase diversity in the fashion industry. She normally sports a beautiful gray teeny weeny afro (TWA).
Embracing Your Grays
Maybe you’re not excited about “maturing,” but you don’t have to let it get you down, especially when you see how vibrant and radiant many women continue to be long into their 60s, 70s and beyond! Instead of hiding those grays — which can often be time-consuming and costly — consider accepting them, and even showing them off.
Want more inspiration to embrace your grays, whether you have a few newbie strands coming in or you’ve been a silver fox for a while? This Pinterest search is full of vibrant images of women loving their grays and wearing them in a huge variety of chic styles.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Reversing the Mistreatment of Black Hair
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Help a Brotha’ Out! How Do I Maintain My Locs?
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair