Taraji P. Henson’s New Cut Is Everything
Versatile actress Taraji P. Henson has worn many looks for her many different roles. She’s had straight hair, curly tresses, and worn lengths super-long as well as short and sweet. Since many people know her today as Cookie on the television series Empire, they’ve seen her wear more wigs than they can count! While Taraji can rock a wig like nobody’s business, she mainly embraces hair enhancements for roles and red carpet appearances. In her own time, she actually likes to keep things natural.
Taraji has occasionally showed off her natural hair on social media. Although her profession requires her to don extensions or wigs for various looks, she stopped relaxing her hair way back in 2001.
The Undercut Is Everywhere
The undercut style has been big this year and ladies have adopted this look in unique ways. Some ladies sport a short cut with it, while others wear locs on top and a shaved undercut beneath. Taraji’s been sporting the undercut for a little while, but when she took to Instagram with her curls in full flow along with it, it was love at first sight for many of us. Her longtime hairstylist Tym Wallace explained that “one too many blow dries made her ends fragile,” so that’s one reason for the cut. However, Wallace also felt Taraji’s fierce new ‘do could provide inspiration to her many fans. And it does.
You don’t have to suffer from any damage to choose a chic cut like this for summer. It’s hot like the weather outside and very modern. When we see big names like Taraji rocking natural looks like this, it proves that our hair can be just as mainstream, appropriate and acceptable as any other hair texture. Sure, the next time we see her as Cookie or on another role on the big screen, her hair will be different. She might be wearing a wig or extensions; it’s her job to take on different personas. But it’s cool knowing that off-screen, she seems very much like us, including loving her natural hair.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Hollywood Naturals
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Embraces Her Natural Curls, Credits Her Son As Her Inspiration
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question