Which Natural Hair Advice Is Right for You?
One of the best things about being natural today is that there’s so much information available. That can also be one of the worst things about having natural hair. Unfortunately, with this wealth of information, some women get overwhelmed and don’t know who they should listen to or what they should do. If you’ve ever heard one bit of advice from a natural hair guru and then the opposite from another expert, how do you know which is right?
YouTube and the Rise of the Natural Hair Gurus
The Internet, and YouTube in particular, has been game-changing when it comes to our hair. Instead of wondering if your hair is actually dry or just appears that way, if it’s time for a trim and many other scenarios, now you can peruse the ‘net and find answers to a lot of your questions. At the very least, you can find other women with hair that looks like yours. If you’re not part of a natural hair community in real life, you can be part of one online.
It doesn’t take much to set yourself up on YouTube and begin broadcasting hair tutorials and giving advice. Some women are making their living this way. But is all of the advice sound?
How to Pick and Choose
Remember, just because your hair looks like someone else’s doesn’t mean you’ll experience the same results if you use suggested products. Before you follow anyone’s advice, it’s important for you to become familiar with your own tresses. Yes, this may take some time, and it can be frustrating at times. However, once you learn your hair, you’ll know if a particular suggestion is a good one for you.
Take advice with a grain of salt. If you don’t have time to devote an hour per week to a specialized regimen that your favorite YouTuber is doing, don’ t do it. Use your time for the basics that will keep your hair healthy and skip the extras that you don’t need. There are a lot of “experts” out there, but the only true expert on your hair is you.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- What Type of Black Man Loves Natural Hair?
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Natural Hairstyles for Formal Events- Sexy and Elegant Styles for Natural Hair
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed”
- POLL: Do You Think That Older Naturals Are Missing From The Natural Hair Conversation?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective