5 Ways to Make Money in the Natural Hair Industry
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Do you love natural hair and want to make money in the industry? If so, there are several ways to get started on your dream! Here are 5 ways to make money in the natural hair industry:
1. Create your own product. Put your passion into creating a product that is good for natural hair! You could publish a how-to book and/or eBook. You could also create a great hair product that will have us naturals raving. Be sure to research the natural hair market and find a need, and then create a product that fulfills that need. Find a way to distinguish your product from the rest of them on the market.
2. Blog about natural hair. Blogging about natural hair is a great way to make money, but it takes time and dedication. Just ask Curly Nikki! Spend some time brainstorming about natural hair topics. There are a lot of natural hair blogs, so again, find out what distinguishes your blog from everyone else’s. Then, promote it. Build your network by collaborating with other curlfriends and natural hair bloggers.
Blogging alone will not make you money. Try joining affiliate marketing programs like Google Adsense and Amazon affiliate programs. Be sure to do your research to find the right programs for you. Once you begin building up your blog fan base, you can start working with other companies to promote their products and services.
3. Team up with local beauty supply stores. This is more of a marketing tool, but it can help get your brand more exposure because you can host events and giveaways. I’ve done giveaways with my local beauty supply store, and I think it’s an awesome way to network.
4. Offer courses and seminars. Websites like Udemy offer creators a space to teach their audience for free. You can offer natural hair classes or courses both on and offline.
5. Write for other natural hair sites. There are some natural hair sites that pay for guest posts. It helps if you have a blog and/or an online portfolio to showcase your work. Some sites will pay per word while others can pay per article. You can earn up to $200 per post, but it depends on the publication.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Lavender Essential Oil Recipes for Natural Hair Growth
- Reversing the Mistreatment of Black Hair
- New England Patriots and MGH Cancer Center Give a Shout Out to Coils to Locs on The Sports Hub, 98.5
- Update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup- Engaging Young women in Community Service and Self Love
- Natural Hair Annual Events
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career