5 Ways to Make Money in the Natural Hair Industry
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- BBC News Covers Stylists’ Concerns Due to Shift to Natural Hair - February 22, 2018
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam! - February 12, 2018
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed” - January 24, 2018
Do you love natural hair and want to make money in the industry? If so, there are several ways to get started on your dream! Here are 5 ways to make money in the natural hair industry:
1. Create your own product. Put your passion into creating a product that is good for natural hair! You could publish a how-to book and/or eBook. You could also create a great hair product that will have us naturals raving. Be sure to research the natural hair market and find a need, and then create a product that fulfills that need. Find a way to distinguish your product from the rest of them on the market.
2. Blog about natural hair. Blogging about natural hair is a great way to make money, but it takes time and dedication. Just ask Curly Nikki! Spend some time brainstorming about natural hair topics. There are a lot of natural hair blogs, so again, find out what distinguishes your blog from everyone else’s. Then, promote it. Build your network by collaborating with other curlfriends and natural hair bloggers.
Blogging alone will not make you money. Try joining affiliate marketing programs like Google Adsense and Amazon affiliate programs. Be sure to do your research to find the right programs for you. Once you begin building up your blog fan base, you can start working with other companies to promote their products and services.
3. Team up with local beauty supply stores. This is more of a marketing tool, but it can help get your brand more exposure because you can host events and giveaways. I’ve done giveaways with my local beauty supply store, and I think it’s an awesome way to network.
4. Offer courses and seminars. Websites like Udemy offer creators a space to teach their audience for free. You can offer natural hair classes or courses both on and offline.
5. Write for other natural hair sites. There are some natural hair sites that pay for guest posts. It helps if you have a blog and/or an online portfolio to showcase your work. Some sites will pay per word while others can pay per article. You can earn up to $200 per post, but it depends on the publication.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Reversing the Mistreatment of Black Hair
- Myths And Misconceptions You May Have About Natural Hair
- Lavender Essential Oil Recipes for Natural Hair Growth
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed”
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- Tennessee’s First Natural Hair School Celebrates Its 100% Pass Rate
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam!
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question