Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Actress Sonequa Martin-Green graced the cover of this month’s issue of Entertainment Weekly for her role in the new Star Trek Discovery series, and yes, she was rocking her natural hair! The former “Walking Dead” star was elated about her groundbreaking role on the Star Trek series reboot.
Martin’s hair was styled in twists that were up in a pompadour. She was dressed in a gold and blue suit with her hands in the Vulcan salute. The actress shared the cover of Entertainment Weekly with three of her Star Trek Discovery co-stars Douglas Jones, Anthony Rap, and Mary Wiseman. Martin’s position on the cover is representative of the fact that she is the first Black woman to have the lead role in Star Trek’s history.
The Entertainment Weekly article titled “A Star Fleet is Born” told the history behind the making of the Star Trek Discovery series. Martin will play the character, Michael Burnham. In the CBS All Access series Star Trek Discovery, Martin will play “A Vulcan-raised human Starfleet first officer who serves under the command of Michelle Yeoh’s Captain Philippa Georgiou” (pg. 26).
One might wonder how Sonequa Martin-Green is handling the pressure of leading a multi-million dollar franchise. She told Entertainment Weekly, “For me the important thing is the knowledge we’re here for a reason and doing something that will hopefully make a positive impact” (pg.29). Well done, Mrs. Martin. Making history is great, and rocking your natural hair while doing it is a bonus!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question