Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
Some women find their natural hair inspiration in their children. Torrei Hart, comedian Kevin Hart’s ex-wife, says she was inspired by her daughter, Heaven, to create her natural hair care line, Heavenly Hart by Nzuri. Torrei didn’t just come up with product names — she was actively involved and worked closely with Nzuri’s CEO and co-founder. Together, they worked on creating products that address hair growth as well as hair loss, an issue that affects many African-American women.
She told Essence.com: “I want her [daughter Heaven] to feel empowered and have that sense of, ‘This is who God made me. I am beautiful no matter what.'” For Torrei, it’s about creating a legacy that her daughter can be proud of.
Not only does Torrei want to empower girls, she also wants women to find the power within themselves and love themselves as they are. She’s made that her natural beauty mission. Torrei rocks a head full of gorgeous locs, and since making the decision to loc her hair, she’s been interested in natural hair care. She rejects the idea that some people have about natural hair not being sexy. “I wanted to show that that’s not true. I have locs and I feel more sexy with locs…”
She also believes that healthy, natural ingredients and products are the starting point for beautiful hair. In Heavenly Hart, you’ll find no parabens, silicones, petroleum, wax, mineral oil or sodium lauryl sulfate. It’s a vegan line, so vegans will find something to love, too.
Want to check out the new line yourself? You can find it at nzurihaircare.com, with a range of products including a shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, curl souffle and more — basically, everything a woman who loves her natural hair needs!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- Taraji P. Henson’s New Cut Is Everything
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Embraces Her Natural Curls, Credits Her Son As Her Inspiration
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Dr. Yaba Blay Talks Black Hair Politics
- Tennessee’s First Natural Hair School Celebrates Its 100% Pass Rate
- Video: Was It a Really Bad Camera Timing or Was QVC Hosts Mocking Natural Hair Model?
- Beyoncé Backlash: What Does Hating on Blue Ivy’s Hair Say About Us?
- My Reaction to the POPSUGAR “Natural Hair” Article
- Retired Veteran Is Teaching Young Women To Love Their Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College