Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct? - October 3, 2017
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair - September 23, 2017
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut! - September 19, 2017
“Milkshake” singer Kelis gave herself an impromptu haircut right before catching a flight. She started off an Instagram video addressing her stylist saying, “Maisha, don’t freak out but I just decided to cut my hair.” Celebrity stylist Maisha Oliver maintains the singer’s hair.
The courageous singer said after flat ironing her red-highlighted strands, she noticed her ends just weren’t having it. Kelis said, “They were just like “stop.”They were so bad.” She does admit she is not afraid of bleaching, coloring, and styling her hair, but she knows it can damage it. Kelis cut about one-and-a- half to two inches of her hair off.
Kelis is known for her often bold and forever changing looks. I remember when she first came out in the late 90s with “Caught Out There”. She rocked a blonde, orange, and red fro on the video:
A post shared by Kelis (@kelisofficial) on
Most of her fans loved her new cut and praised her for her bravery. One fan said, “Why are you cutting your own hair?! Oh!! Because you can. My hair would be uneven every where!! Good Job!!” Another fan commented, “ I don’t know about this one.” Someone else said, “Can’t wait to see it curly,” and we can’t either!
Three weeks ago, Kelis revealed her first haircut which was similar to the current one except it was longer, and the back was shaved with a red heart in the middle.
Besides going on her hair adventures, Kelis has been cooking up a storm in the kitchen. In 2015, she released her own cookbook called My Life on a Plate : Recipes from Around the World. She is also currently on tour.
We’re looking forward to what she does next with her natural hair!
What do you think of Kelis’ new haircut?
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Taraji P. Henson’s New Cut Is Everything
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Embraces Her Natural Curls, Credits Her Son As Her Inspiration
- Resisting The Temptation To Relax Your Natural Hair
- 8 Really Good Reasons To Stop Straightening Your Hair and Go Natural
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Tennessee’s First Natural Hair School Celebrates Its 100% Pass Rate
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question