Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Why is it important to be culturally sensitive as a physician when recommending hair products to women of color?
- What motivated Dr. Hicks-Graham to create her own product line for women with natural hair?
- How does LivSo, a clinically tested hair product line addresses the unique needs of women with kinky, curly hair?
This is Part 2 of our conversation with physician and entrepreneur, Dr. Shari Hicks Graham who delves into the common hair and scalp problems and concerns that her patients of color seek her guidance on. She also reveals why she developed LivSo, her clinically tested shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer hair product line based on the unique needs of her patients with kinky, curly hair.
Dr. Hicks-Graham is also the creator of LivSo, a line of shampoo, conditioner and moisturizing lotion designed for men and women with kinky/curly hair and dry, itchy scalp. Dr. Hicks-Graham drew on her medical background to create LivSo after seeing nearly 15 patients a day suffering from dry, itchy scalp as a safe, effective alternative to the “scorched earth” treatment.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024
- Black Women and Hair Loss: Heed the Warning Signs
- What We Can Learn From Viola Davis About Wearing Wigs, Natural Hair, and Hair Loss
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- A Bag Full Of Afro Kinky Hair – Look Good Feel Better [Video]
- Losing Your Natural Hair? The Remedy Might Be In Your Kitchen!
- I’m Losing My Natural Hair [Video] – A Naturalista’s Cancer Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Coming To Terms With Losing My Natural Hair [Video]
- NHCN Podcast #0023: Nubia’s Guide to Going Natural: A Conversation with Orjanette Bryant
- NHCN Podcast 0017: The Natural Hair and the Latino Perspective With Carolina Contreras of Miss Rizos.com
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair