Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
At the tender age of 15, Skai Jackson is one of the biggest natural hair inspirations in Hollywood! Plus, she has style! Jackson’s braid-out was put into a messy bun, and the front of her hair was swept to the side resulting in a cute and easy natural hairstyle. The actress posted a photo of it on Instagram. She also posted a video of her wearing box braids down her back.
From 2011-2015, Skai Jackson played the character Zuri Ross on the Disney Channel show, Jessie. The actress currently plays the same character on the Jessie spinoff show called Bunk’d. Even though Jessie ended in 2015, Skai Jackson can be seen in reruns sporting gorgeous braid-outs. The fact that she wears her hair natural on those shows helps other little girls have pride in wearing their natural hair too. It also gives moms ideas for natural hairstyles for their little ones.
On Sunday, October 15, 2017, Skai Jackson launched her Nowadays clothing line at Macy’s. The clothing line will feature sizes 7-16 for girls and sizes 1-5 for juniors. Jackson shared her inspiration behind the collection. On Instagram, she said, “What inspired me for this collection was to make clothes that girls could have fun wearing, and mixing and matching.”
Jackson was also an ambassador for Teen Vogue at this year’s New York Fashion Week. We salute Skai Jackson, the fashion and natural hair icon! When my hair gets longer, I’ll have to give her bun and side-swept bang a try!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Why It’s Wrong to Call Your Hair Nappy
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- RIP Titi Branch – Co Founder of Miss Jessie’s Products
- Tennessee’s First Natural Hair School Celebrates Its 100% Pass Rate
- Why Do The Styling Choices That Black Women Make Continue To Be An Issue in The Workplace? Woman Fired For Wearing Blonde Highlights
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Natural Conditioners for Curly – Kinky Hair
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
- Top Tips for Dealing with Black Hair Discrimination
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021