Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
At the tender age of 15, Skai Jackson is one of the biggest natural hair inspirations in Hollywood! Plus, she has style! Jackson’s braid-out was put into a messy bun, and the front of her hair was swept to the side resulting in a cute and easy natural hairstyle. The actress posted a photo of it on Instagram. She also posted a video of her wearing box braids down her back.
From 2011-2015, Skai Jackson played the character Zuri Ross on the Disney Channel show, Jessie. The actress currently plays the same character on the Jessie spinoff show called Bunk’d. Even though Jessie ended in 2015, Skai Jackson can be seen in reruns sporting gorgeous braid-outs. The fact that she wears her hair natural on those shows helps other little girls have pride in wearing their natural hair too. It also gives moms ideas for natural hairstyles for their little ones.
On Sunday, October 15, 2017, Skai Jackson launched her Nowadays clothing line at Macy’s. The clothing line will feature sizes 7-16 for girls and sizes 1-5 for juniors. Jackson shared her inspiration behind the collection. On Instagram, she said, “What inspired me for this collection was to make clothes that girls could have fun wearing, and mixing and matching.”
Jackson was also an ambassador for Teen Vogue at this year’s New York Fashion Week. We salute Skai Jackson, the fashion and natural hair icon! When my hair gets longer, I’ll have to give her bun and side-swept bang a try!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s Cooking In The Lab At The Science Of Black Hair?
- Acting Naturally: A Personal Journey
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- The Trend Towards Natural Hair Goes A Lot Deeper Than The Need To Be Free From Relaxers
- Using Technology To Track Your Natural Hair Journey- Share Your Selfies!
- Why Is My Hair Not Growing? Reasons Why Your Hair Is Stubbornly Short
- Natural Hair Care- the Rise of Natural Hair Products from the Era of Madam CJ Walker to Present
- Do You Find the Term “Nappy Hair” Offensive?
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- Poll: Do You Believe That The Chemicals in Relaxers Cause Health Issues? Is It Why You Went Natural?
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College