Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam! - February 12, 2018
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed” - January 24, 2018
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru! - January 15, 2018
At the tender age of 15, Skai Jackson is one of the biggest natural hair inspirations in Hollywood! Plus, she has style! Jackson’s braid-out was put into a messy bun, and the front of her hair was swept to the side resulting in a cute and easy natural hairstyle. The actress posted a photo of it on Instagram. She also posted a video of her wearing box braids down her back.
From 2011-2015, Skai Jackson played the character Zuri Ross on the Disney Channel show, Jessie. The actress currently plays the same character on the Jessie spinoff show called Bunk’d. Even though Jessie ended in 2015, Skai Jackson can be seen in reruns sporting gorgeous braid-outs. The fact that she wears her hair natural on those shows helps other little girls have pride in wearing their natural hair too. It also gives moms ideas for natural hairstyles for their little ones.
On Sunday, October 15, 2017, Skai Jackson launched her Nowadays clothing line at Macy’s. The clothing line will feature sizes 7-16 for girls and sizes 1-5 for juniors. Jackson shared her inspiration behind the collection. On Instagram, she said, “What inspired me for this collection was to make clothes that girls could have fun wearing, and mixing and matching.”
Jackson was also an ambassador for Teen Vogue at this year’s New York Fashion Week. We salute Skai Jackson, the fashion and natural hair icon! When my hair gets longer, I’ll have to give her bun and side-swept bang a try!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- Taraji P. Henson’s New Cut Is Everything
- Hair Nah- The Natural Hair Game
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Single Dad Shatters Stereotypes About Hairstyling
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question