Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- BBC News Covers Stylists’ Concerns Due to Shift to Natural Hair - February 22, 2018
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam! - February 12, 2018
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed” - January 24, 2018
Lupita N’yongo fully supports young entrepreneur, model, and fashion icon Kheris Roger’s “Flexin’ In My Complexion” cause, and we think that is awesome! Last year, 10-year-old Rogers brought everyone to tears when her story of being teased because of her dark skin was shared through multiple media outlets.
Now, Rogers is celebrating herself and all the little girls like her with her ‘Flexin in My Complexin” t-shirt line she launched earlier this year. CBSLA News reported that after being teased, her older sister posted a picture on social media of Kheris with the hashtag “FlexinInHerComplexion”. After gaining support from people around the world, Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” campaign was born.
Recently, Lupita posted a photo on Instagram of her wearing blue jeans and a black shirt with Rogers’ message in yellow writing. The model topped the look off with a mustard yellow jacket and black shades. Lupita said, “I see you, I feel you, I support you… And I love my shirt!” She also told Rogers that she was “beautiful by ANY STANDARDS.” The little girl thanked N’yongo on her page and said, “Beauty has NO shade. What is on the inside is what makes you beautiful.” We can feel the love and black girl magic!
Since Rogers began her “Flexin’ In My Complexion” campaign, it has gained support from other celebrities like Alicia Keys, Drake, Lena Waithe, and more. Last week, Rogers was a guest on the Steve Harvey Show. She also attended New York Fashion Week this past September.
Lupita and other celebrities’ support of Kheris’ Rogers message is very important because it shows the need for every shade of Black to be celebrated. Plus, Nyong’o and Rogers both rock their natural hair. Kheris Rogers can be seen rocking buns, puffs, and big curly fros!
Awesome job ladies!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- Dr. Yaba Blay Talks Black Hair Politics
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- “I Have a Nice Interesting Grade of Hair”: Do Celebrity Comments Reinforce The Good Hair, Bad Hair Divide? [Video]
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question