Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Recently, Angela Simmons posted a photo of her natural hair. While many fans were happy to see Ms. Simmons progress, others were skeptical. The designer’s hair came past her shoulders. In the caption, she said, Late nights!! Natural Hair Vibes!!
One of Simmons’ fans said, “That’s not your hair. [sic] Stop lying to people.” In addition, one of their hashtags said “fraud” and also included the name of a line of hair extensions Angela Simmons promotes on social media. The same day, Simmons shared another Instagram photo of her natural hair while holding up products from the new line by Curls called Cashmere and Curls. One I.G. user replied, “So not your hair.”
Through the last several years, the Growing Up Hip Hop star has been transparent about her hair journey – extensions or not. In 2011, Angela Simmons revealed her big and stretched Afro after taking out her weave. In 2013, she tweeted a picture of her natural hair in a ponytail. She said, “The diary of natural hair!..”
In an article shared by the Fashion Bomb Daily, Simmons said she kept her hair braided and weaved up. She uses sew-in weaves to retain the length of her natural hair. We don’t think that’s so hard to believe, but everyone is different. Plus you know if you post a hair photo, 9 out of 10 times, people are going to figure out if it’s really the person’s or not. So, it’s to be expected! We’re loving the hair growth, Angela!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- A Must Read For Natural Hair Nazis
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here