4 Videos That Show You How to Draw Natural Hair
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Natural hair is a beautiful work of art! For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with drawing Afros. It’s amazing how you can draw the way the light hits those squiggly and curly strands. Color and the unique shapes of a natural hairstyle can be drawn with pencil, pen, or any other medium of your choice! Here are 3 YouTube videos that show you just how to draw natural hair:
1. How to Draw Curly/Afro Hair by SalmonInYourRice
Have you ever wanted to draw someone with a really big hair? If so, check out this video by SalmonInYourRice. She provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to draw curly or Afro hair.
2. Drawing a Girl With Curly Hair by Chris Samba of Art Channel
Who knew a drawing could look so real! Watch Chris Samba’s curly girl come to life on paper, Afro and all!
3. How to Paint Cornrows by EricTFrancis
Draw cornrows? No problem. This artist has you covered! Check out how he creates neat cornrows with his brush!
4. HOW TO DRAW: AFRO PUFFS by Kimberly Pinkney
Afro puffs can be so much fun to draw! Check out this tutorial!
The illustration of natural hair on paper can be as diverse as it is in real life! Get creative with your kinks and coils! Don’t worry too much about how it’s going to turn out. Have fun and go with it! Happy natural hair drawing!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- You Don’t Need a License to Style Natural Hair?
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Hair Nah- The Natural Hair Game
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College