Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- How to Reroute Uncomfortable Questions About your Hair - December 11, 2018
- Natural Hair Annual Events - December 8, 2018
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women - December 4, 2018
Jill entered the commercial music scene during a wave of naturally celebrated “neo-soul” artists- like India Arie, Anthony Hamilton and Erykah Badu. Rocking her kinky comb-out, adorned with flowers and lovingly referred to as “Jilly from Philly”, Jill stepped in as the girl-next-door and raised the bar in the world of natural hairstyles- without even trying.
Besides dominating the music charts with her sultry and soulful voice, she was one of the first commercial artists in this genre to take the natural hair lifestyle to a whole new level. As Jill’s career and brand expanded into acting and modeling, she continued to shake up the beauty world with break-the-mold-natural hairstyles.
We have seen Jill rock a plethora of styles on and off the red carpet over the years. The kinky curly, slicked back pixie, a variety of braided styles or half braided/half out looks, topknots, soft swept glamorous updos, flowing curls, sleek straight styles, fluffy pompadours and dewy fros are some favorite picks.
We’ve seen Jill with a short, cropped fro, adorned with curly, flowing tresses, killing faux locs and slaying long and straight hair in Hollywood. No matter the look, Jill’s choices of natural styles remain on point and continue to inspire naturalistas around the globe.
It’s no secret that Jill’s eye for style is exceptional. This simply highlights that natural is anything but boring! Jill has continued to push the limits on her style choices and through doing so, has become the natural girl’s hairstyle icon. From the looks of it, Ms. Scott shows no signs of stopping.
Author: Qiana Williams
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!